The seaside bonanza


After seeing the Marwood's website (@TheMarwood) I knew the place is going to be special. However the reality was even more wacky than I imagined. My immediate thought after seeing their spot was 'This can only happen in Brighton'. Ok, so it was early in the morning after a motorbike ride from London and I might have still been a little bit dazed, but I did feel like stepping into a theatre props storage room. Our table was raised on the legs of a mannequin and there were helicopters swivelling above our heads. And so I remained in a weird dream-like state until the devilishly strong double espresso slightly cleared my foggy mind. Very intriguing place and well worth a visit if you're in the neighbourhood!

As so frequently happens, after having one coffee I was ready for the next one but settled for a walk on the seafront to get to it first. After some 25 mins of sweaty pacing in a full biking gear, Small Batch Coffee (@SmallBatchCC) Wilbury shop glimmered on the horizon and served what I was so desperate for - a fantastic strong cup of black goodness. Admittedly, immediately after sitting down, I envied the couple on a table next to me drinking their cold brew from milk bottles but the moment the below arrived I had forgotten all about it and enjoyed my well deserved beverage instead of starring at them jealously. The staff at Small Batch seem to have a great relationship with their customers too, addressing most of them by their first names. Sitting outside, we did what I like most in new places: people watching. The busy shop was frequented by dog owners, newspaper readers and the patient creatures that are young parents with their very unforgiving little ones who are not terribly impressed with coffee breaks.


It's a good job Brighton is only a short ride away as I will be tempted to return shortly...



Comments

  1. I'm ashamed to say that despite only living in Guildford, I still haven't visited Brighton's many wonderful coffee shops! The Marwood has been on my list for a while, ever since having seen in used a demo for Google Earth's new "walk-through" feature. I've also heard wonderful things about Small Batch, so I definitely going to have to make the trip!

    Thanks for the reminder!
    Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many places on my 'Brighton list', you really should make a weekend out of it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been twice already and still not been to everywhere on my list (15 places and counting!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts